Governor Fintiri relaxes current curfew

Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has relaxed the current curfew. With this development, people are free to conduct their legitimate business from eight o’clock in the morning to six o’clock in the evening beginning from Friday.
0
371

By Muhammad Babangida Muhammad

Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has relaxed the current curfew. With this development, people are free to conduct their legitimate business from eight o’clock in the morning to six o’clock in the evening beginning from Friday.

The governor made this known in a statewide broadcast said government shall review the timings as situation warrants with the relative calm is returning across the State.

The governor made this known in a statewide broadcast said government shall review the timings as situation warrants with the relative calm is returning across the State.

The Governor commended the citizens for their compliance with the curfew and appreciated those who were misled into participating in the loot, pillage and plunder of the common patrimony, for seeing reason in returning the looted items.

Governor Fintiri disclosed that so far, over fifty percent of the looted items have been recovered and more are being surrendered.

He all called on the citizenry to resist the actions and utterances of those whose aim is to gain political mileage over the collective tragedy and misfortunes, turning the unfortunate mayhem into an issue for political discourse.

He regretted that the mayhem has reversed the progress the administration has made in recovery from the backwardness it inherited.

The Governor commended the conduct of citizens who have remained law abiding in spite of the extreme difficulties they had to endure as a result of the measures taken to restore normalcy as it is not in the character of the citizens to break the law neither known for involvement in brigandage.

He noted that based on the current outcomes and considerable demonstration of remorse and regrets from most of the good citizens who were misled into the unholy act by a few mobsters on the return of the loots, government has resolved to review the implementation strategy of the Executive Order which I signed on Wednesday.

He stated that part of the review is that the House-to-House search will no longer necessarily be in the form initially envisaged, but landlords to talk to their tenants, and parents to talk to their children to return any remnants of the loot in any of the households.

He however, said all checkpoints will be mounted at all the entry and exits points of the State as a measure to stop any attempt by the thieves to escape with the looted items out of the State.

 

Leave a reply