President Buhari directs Minister of State for Labour and Employment to proceed with recruitment of 774 youths.

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed Minister of State for Labour and Employment Festus Keyamo to proceed with the recruitment of seven hundred thousand and seventy four youths.
0
421

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed Minister of State for Labour and Employment Festus Keyamo to proceed with the recruitment of seven hundred thousand and seventy four youths.

They are to undertake public works across the seven hundred and seventy four local government areas from where one thousand each are to be hired.

Each participant is to be paid twenty thousand naira monthly for the three-month duration of the programme designed to begin in October.

There is five hundred and twenty billion naira in the twenty-twenty budget to take care of the programme.

However the selection process has pitted the minister against the National Assembly.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan called for a halt to the process after the stormy session at the joint Senate and House of Representatives Committee meeting with Keyamo on June thirty.

He told the members to direct the question at the minister, who said he had the approval of the President.

On Tuesday, the Federal Government, in its official Twitter handle   announced that the State Selection Committees inaugurated last month by Keyamo are going ahead with their work.

The State Selection Committees have been inaugurated and have commenced work.

The state coordinators of the NDE throughout the country are the secretaries of those committees.

Leave a reply